Computer components, like any other technically complex device, require the attention of the user. If you care about the health of your PC, you will have to take care of it.
One of the easiest procedures to take care of your computer is changing the thermal paste. Thermal paste is a multi-component heat-conducting compound that sits between the component that needs to be cooled and the heat dissipation system.
The most suffering from the high-temperature component is the processor. Its heating level affects the smoothness of the gameplay. Below we have collected the 5 best thermal pastes that you can buy right now.
TOP-5 thermal pastes to buy right now
Noctua NT-H1 (under $20)
Noctua's NT-H1 thermal paste uses several proprietary designs. It is a hybrid compound that includes different microparticles for better thermal conductivity and minimal heat resistance. Therefore, the thermal paste retains temperature and performance properties for a long time.
It is quite thick, but due to its good adhesion, it can be easily applied in thin layers. The paste is packaged in 3.5 ml syringes with a screw cap to prevent the substance from drying out in long-term storage.
- Sticky consistency;
- Convenient packaging with screw cap;
- Maintains thermal conductivity for a long time.
- It May seem too thick;
Relatively low peak operating temperature (110 degrees).Check Price
Deepcool Z9 (under $40)
Universal thermal paste with thermal conductivity of 4 W/mK. Suitable for various computers - home, office, etc. Can also be used in medium-performance laptops.
Deepcool used several proprietary technologies in the production of thermal paste, so it has high plasticity and good durability (retains thermal conductivity for a long time).
- Rich in the package;
- Good heat dissipation (there is a decrease in CPU temperature by 6-8 degrees) and at the same time it retains its thermal properties for a long time;
- Easy to apply.
- Takes a long time to dry on the CPU
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme (under $30)
Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme thermal paste uses a proprietary formulation that involves less silicone oil than comparable products. That's why it evaporates more slowly, maintaining optimal thermal conductivity for longer periods.
The kit also includes a special spatula card that makes it much easier to apply a thin layer of the substance to the processor. It's enough to squeeze out a little paste, then swipe and it will be evenly smeared on the heated chip.
- Richly packaged;
- Plastic and easy to apply;
- Very easy to apply.
- Application card needs flushing;
- More expensive than other models in the rating.
Zalman ZM-STG2 (under $10)
Zalman ZM-STG2 is one of the best thermal paste on the market. It is capable of lowering CPU temperature by 10-15 degrees depending on the cooler used.
By the way, Zalman puts it in the packages of their middle-class cooling systems. The thermal conductivity of the thermal paste is 4.1 W/mK. Operational parameters are maintained for a long time.
- High thermal conductivity;
- Keeps properties for a long time;
- High efficiency.
- Does not apply well as it has a very thick consistency;
- No spatula or brush included.
Gelid GC-Extreme (under $10)
One of the most reliable thermal pastes on the market. Specially formulated to preserve the performance of the interface for a long time, maintaining elasticity and not drying out even under the influence of extremely high temperatures.
The consistency also makes it easy to apply and remove. The thermal paste is packaged in a syringe, the package includes 1 gram of the substance. Unfortunately, they did not put a spatula or similar tool for application in it.
- High thermal conductivity;
- Excellent combination of price and quality;
- Maintains elasticity for a long time.
- High viscosity, requires care and calmness in the application.
Thermal paste for the CPU: which one is better?
To answer this question, you need to understand the criteria by which this product is chosen. There are only three of them:
- Price. If you do not care about it, the task is greatly simplified: take the most expensive variant and you are guaranteed to get in the top ten of the best pastes. But if you're not trading oil or gas, you'll have to consider more affordable options.
- Viscosity. Alas, it cannot be determined by photo, and there is nothing about this property in the specifications. Meanwhile, the paste should not be too liquid or too thick. Ideally, it should be slightly thicker than thermal paste.
- Heat conductivity. This is the main indicator for thermal paste. If you have a budget processor, which does not heat that much, in principle, any thermal conductivity will do. For gaming stones, you need to pay attention to this parameter as well - it is desirable to focus on the indicator from 8 W/mK.