For some, the shower is a functional part of daily personal hygiene, while for others it is pure pleasure. However, the experience might end abruptly with an inferior shower head from which the water does not come out as intended. This dissatisfaction is especially present when you buy a shower head with different jet types and they do not work properly, for example, because the water pressure is too low. Perhaps you do not attach great importance to many jet types, but to high pressure, particularly large diameter or a water-saving shower head. Or perhaps you prefer a shower head complete with LED lighting so that you can shower under colorful water.
We have found 5 great shower heads that you will find quite interesting. Find out which showerhead is best for you.
Grohe Tempesta (under $65)
The Grohe Tempesta shower head looks elegant and offers a range of features. It works to save water, as it has an integrated flow limiter of 9.5 liters per minute. You set the respective mode via a handy rotary switch on the shower head, which, by the way, is supposed to be very easy to operate even by children. The showerhead's nubs are made of silicone, so you can easily remove limescale from this showerhead as well. The shower head itself is completely chrome-plated.
- With 4 functions;
- Combined spray and rain jet;
- With integrated flow limiter.
- No debris collection strainer.
6 Function Handheld Shower Head Kit (under $70)
This shower head is a handheld, it is equipped with a jet disc made of plastic and nubs made of silicone. According to the manufacturer, it is possible to easily rub off the dirt from the nubs. Those who use the hand shower have a choice of three spray modes. The full shower spray is very good for washing out hair. In the gentle shower spray mode, the water drops are enriched with air. This should make them softer and fuller.
- Above average shower head diameter;
- 4 different designs;
- With 6 functions;
- Whirl jet as massage function;
- Dirt collection strainer.
FASTRAS LED Shower Head (under $40)
FASTRAS LED Shower Head is equipped with 344 water holes. They are pierced by a precision laser. According to the manufacturer, the fine water holes provide higher water pressure. This is said to make washing out shampoo or conditioner easier. In addition, according to the manufacturer, fine water holes contribute to a gentle distribution of water on the skin.
The shower head is compatible with standard hoses and is said to be easy to install without the use of tools. It consumes less water than other shower heads. In daily use, it consumes 6 liters per minute. The maximum water consumption is said to be about 9 liters per minute. Another special feature of the shower head is the mineral pearls. They are said to have a pH skin-neutral and antibacterial effect.
- Shower head with stainless steel elements;
- Transparent design;
- With mineral pearl filter.
- High weight due to construction;
- Filter beads should be replaced regularly.
HOPRO High-Pressure Shower 5-Settings (under $30)
The HOPRO shower head is appealing in terms of price, quality, and functionality. You have a choice of five different settings: massage jet, rain jet, normal jet, normal and spray, as well as just a spray jet. You set these quite conveniently and single-handedly via a rotary knob. The connection of the universal shower head is standardized at 2 centimeters. So it fits any common hose or water connection. The shower head itself is made of high-quality stainless steel and ABS housing.
In reviews from users on the Internet, the HOPRO shower head scores well to very good. It emits a regular shower spray, and the individual modes are said to be pleasant. Accordingly, the size and easy installation also convince these users.
- With 5 different jet settings;
- With spray jet;
- Integrated water pressure regulator.
- No debris collection strainer.
AquaDance High-Pressure 6-Settings (under $30)
The AquaDance shower head has a stainless steel hose and strong brass connectors, so according to the manufacturer, users do not have to worry about possible breakages. The shower head is chrome-plated, making it resistant to salt and rust, while the hose is still explosion-proof.
The water-saving showerhead is designed to spray thinner jets than comparable showerheads, saving up to 30 percent of water during daily showers. It has a silica gel water outlet that the manufacturer says can simply be pressed against to prevent it from becoming blocked.
- With 6 different jet settings;
- With spray jet;
- With normal and pulsating massage jet;
- Stainless steel shower hose included.
How to choose a shower head?
There are many good reasons to treat yourself to a new shower head for your shower system or bathtub. If your shower head is already old and perhaps also quite calcified, then you may find the daily cleaning process in the shower a meager pleasure. To enjoy your shower again, it helps if you buy a new shower head. In order to buy a showerhead tailored to your needs, the following criteria should be taken into account in your purchase decision:
- Size. The appropriate size of the shower head depends primarily on your shower. The relatively small models are best suited for small shower stalls and bathtubs. Much larger shower heads are rain showers, for example. You should definitely make sure that the shower head also fits into your shower.
- A number of nozzles. The number of nozzles depends on the type of spray. Thus, with a small hand shower, you also get only a small number of nozzles, which is quite sufficient for many users. Massage shower heads offer you much more nozzles.
- Spray types. Depending on the manufacturer and model, you have a choice of numerous spray types. You should definitely consider the different jet types when choosing your new shower head.
- Anti-scale system. Many shower heads are equipped with a practical anti-scale system, which allows you to remove limescale quickly and easily. You simply stroke the shower head with your hand or a cloth.
- Price. When buying a showerhead, price should play only a minor role. Remember that this is an investment for the next 5 to 10 years. A particularly high-quality model has its price, of course, but this in no way means that inexpensive models are not also high-quality and durable. It is best to include customer reviews in your purchase decision here.
You should also consider the right mounting height when buying a shower head. The optimal mounting height for your new shower head depends on your body size. The following rule of thumb applies: body height plus about 5 inches.