There are so many different selfie ring lights on the market today. So how do you choose the one that is 100% worth the cost and will last you a long time and do all the things you bought it for?
Below we have compiled the 5 best selfie light rings you can buy right now.
TOP-5 Selfie Ring Lights
XINBAOHONG Rechargeable Portable Clip-on Selfie Light (under $15)
This is a LED ring light that attaches to the top of your phone, tablet or computer. The battery charges via USB and a cord is included. The Selfie light has 36 LED lights that are controlled by a touch switch. Pressing the switch once will result in dim lighting, twice to medium light, and three times to a super-bright spotlight. Going through the lighting settings is very convenient.
- 36 LED bulbs;
- Small enough for your pocket.
- Throws glare on glasses.
Neewer Ring Light (under $95)
The Neweer model is powered by 240 efficient LEDs. They are dimmable and change settings between low, medium, and high with no problem. It has a phone stand that swivels 360 degrees and a tripod made of heavy-duty aluminum alloy that will work with you until the end of time. It's also lightweight so you can carry it anywhere. Includes remote control to help you capture your best side, adjust lighting settings, and turn the ring light off and on.
- Excellent build quality;
- Low, medium, and high settings;
- Orange and white filters;
- The phone stand rotates 360 degrees;
- Remote takes pictures and adjusts lighting.
QIAYA Selfie Light Ring (under $15)
QIAYA is an example of another clip-on selfie light ring. It sits over the camera of your phone, laptop, or tablet and stays in place until you take it off. The lights are charged via the USB cord that is included, and the battery lasts about an hour, but no more than that. It's a bit of a drawback. If you carry a powerbank or only shoot at home, it won't be a problem.
- Small and lightweight;
- Amazing daytime fill light;
- Good night photos.
- Short battery life;
- No remote.
PEHESHE Selfie Ring Light (under $40)
The PEHESHE Ring Selfie LED 10″ Ring Light with Tripod Stand and Phone Holder has three colors of light: warm light, cool light, and daylight, and each have 10 levels of brightness. It also includes 120 LED lights that are fully adjustable to accentuate your beauty and protect your eyes. The dimming range is from 1% to 100%, and the emission angle is perfect at 120 degrees.
- Three light colors;
- Includes tripod and phone holder;
- Easy to adjust;
- Smaller than expected.
GVM 600S (under $170)
Another best example of ring lighting for 2022 selfies is the GVM 600S for those who want their photos to be brilliantly captured on another level. It's a ring light with a ring light for selfies, six removable light strips, two power cords, a tripod, and a carrying bag. If you need perfect lighting everywhere, you need to put it in your cart.
- Six removable strips included;
- Carrying bag included;
- Tripod included;
How to choose
The most important question to ask yourself before buying is what do you need a ring light for?
Different models, different wattages, and sizes have a specific purpose.
1. Choose models that allow you to set not only the brightness but also the temperature of the light (cool-warm). You need this feature to make the lighting in the room where you paint look like where you will spend most of the day. To avoid finding mustard spots under your cheekbones while walking, you need to "cool down" the yellowish light in the bedroom.
2. It's a good idea if your lamp has a light temperature adjustment by turning the knob left and right. Most inexpensive lamps do this with color filter attachments. But you have to attach them to the LED bulbs whenever you want to change the white light to yellow. This is inconvenient. The nozzles fail quickly. Also, they don't allow you to smoothly adjust the "degree" of temperature - very warm light - slightly warm light - barely warm light. They have no halftones.
Decide for what purpose you are going to use the lamp. This determines how much wattage you need:
- If you are going to put it in the bedroom or illuminate certain areas of the face (for example, you do eyelash extensions and eyebrow correction), a simple model is enough - 45 watts.
- If you are a makeup artist or blogger, it is better to choose a lamp with more power - 96 watts. It better captures the nuances of shades and color transitions. You can move it farther away so you don't have to shine it in your client's face.
3. If you need the lamp for work, pay attention to additional "features" of advanced models:
Display. Shows brightness and temperature settings in number format. Memorize familiar parameters, and you won't have to "fumble" for the right light all over again every time.
Remote controls with memory function. Let's say you are comfortable with one light at home, another in the studio, a third for taking swatches, and a fourth to capture your makeup on the table or take selfies. The remote can memorize up to 50 combinations. It can be useful for bloggers and makeup artists who give courses and masterclasses.
Multicolor LEDs. Some lamps transmit the entire spectrum of the color wheel: peachy-pink-red-lilac-blue, in short, whatever shade you want. This can be used for art shoots or creating a recognizable image on Instagram.
4. Don't be fooled by the very low prices. It's like everywhere else here: the cheaper the lamp, the cheaper the components, the less quality and durable they are. Color lamps have 480 LEDs with a lifespan of up to 10 years of continuous operation.