Probiotics are living microorganisms that improve digestion, inhibit the growth of the population of pathogenic bacteria, and reduce inflammatory processes in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in dogs. They are not digested in the stomach of the animal, but are fermented by beneficial microflora in the lower intestines. They serve as a breeding ground for friendly bacteria and increase their population. Probiotics are recommended for animals in the following cases: changing food, taking antibiotics, vaccination period, food poisoning, allergic reactions, etc. We provide you with Top 5 best probiotic treats for dogs.
1. Purina FortiFlora Probiotics for Dogs (under $35)
This supplement is intended to normalize the microflora of the gastrointestinal tract in dogs. One packet is designed for one dose, regardless of the age and weight of the dog. Each packet contains 1 gram of a dark-colored supplement with a beefy smell. In addition to the probiotic Enterococcus faecium SF68 (at least 5x108 CFU*/g), the ingredients include some vitamins and trace elements, so there is no need to give the dog other vitamin and mineral complexes. The supplement quickly normalizes the activity of the dog's intestines and restores the balance of the intestinal microflora.Check Price
2. Pet Naturals of Vermont - Daily Probiotic for Dogs (under $10)
Chewing bones contain dried Bacillius coagulans fermentation, probiotic complex and yeast. Dogs are happy to eat the supplement as a treat thanks to the meat taste. It has a beneficial effect on the digestive tract, improves the quality of skin and coat. The supplement is included in the daily diet for digestive problems. The complex is especially useful for animals whose diet is based on dry food. One bone is given for 10 kg of the dog's weight. For small breeds from 2 kg, the chew is divided into 2 parts.Check Price
3. Natural Dog Probiotics with Pumpkin, Digestive Enzymes (under $25)
Chewable treats with probiotics for dogs of all breeds and ages. One of the functions of the supplement is to strengthen the immune system. It also contains the following beneficial ingredients: pumpkin (supports the digestive tract to help relieve bloating, indigestion and discomfort), papaya (contains papain, a natural digestive enzyme that helps digest proteins and fats), flaxseed (improves intestinal motility). It does not contain sugars, soy, artificial flavoring, corn, wheat.Check Price
4. Doggie Dailies Probiotics for Dogs (under $30)
Complex probiotics are almost always effective, even if they are used only for disease prevention. The supplement contains live microorganisms necessary for the normal digestion of the pet. It contains natural duck meat, so pets willingly eat the supplement as a treat. It is also recommended after using antibiotics. If your pet is healthy, but spends all the time in the city or is constantly at home, systematic probiotic supplements will improve his well-being and help prevent the development of many diseases.Check Price
5. Dog Probiotics Treats for Picky Eaters (under $20)
The probiotic restores the intestinal biocenosis, improves the digestibility of nutrients, normalizes digestion. Also, the treat is prescribed for immunodeficiency conditions in animals. This delicious supplement contains useful microorganisms for the dog's intestines, prebiotics, probiotics and enzymes. It does not cause allergies and is effective against food poisoning. Even picky eaters like these chewy treats with the taste of chicken.Check Price
1. When buying a supplement, read the ingredients carefully. The more bacterial strains it contains, the faster the result of their work will appear.
2. The expiration date of a supplement should not expire before the date of the last intake. Never use probiotics with an expired expiration date! Since natural probiotics for dogs must contain live active probiotic strains, the expiration date is the date of their death.
3. Supplements must be certified.
4. There should be no grammatical errors on the label and instructions.
5. Probiotics should be stored in the refrigerator or freezer.