MCT oil means triglycerides, that is, medium chain fats. Fats, which are usually consumed by humans, consist of long 13-21 atomic chains. MCT oil contains at least 6 and no more than 12 atoms. This length is perfectly absorbed by the body. Therefore, the source of these fats is recognized as one of the most effective. If there is this product in the diet, the level of human immunity increases, and metabolic processes accelerate. Due to its property, MCT is very popular among those who lead a healthy lifestyle.
Today, the market offers several popular forms of medium-chain triglycerides:
- liquid oil;
Let’s consider the advantages and features of each form.
MCT Oil Capsules/Softgels
This is a convenient form of administration, because all that is required is to wash down the capsules with water. They are generally recommended for athletes. The MCT oil is derived from coconut oil. Usually one capsule is 3 grams. Traditionally, for prophylactic purposes, it is recommended to take no more than three such capsules per day. Take capsules before meals. This supplement helps the body get the necessary amount of energy for physical training, improves brain activity and increases metabolism.
1. Horbaach (under $20)
This organic MCT oil contains a high concentration of caprylic and capric acids to help maintain healthy blood sugar level, boost energy and reduce hunger.Check Price
2. Number One Nutrition (under $20)
After consumption, it is easily absorbed by the body, and quickly converted into energy.Check Price
3. Maximum Potency (under $20)
100 % pure coconut composition, free of additives or fillers.Check Price
MCT liquid oil is also made from coconut oil. It is without additives, hypoallergenic. Liquid oil is easy to add to a green salad and other dishes. But it is forbidden to use it for frying food – it loses its useful properties at high temperatures. It is also recommended to drink a dose of MCT oil before meals. No more than one tablespoon should be consumed per day. This oil is usually added to the diet of those on a low-carb diet, as well as those who need additional energy during physical exertion. It has no smell or taste.
4. Bulletproof (under $20)
It will help you lose weight faster while running and recover from workouts, reduce hunger, improve brain functions.Check Price
5. Sports Research (under $30)
If you want a certified organic MCT oil that will go with your favorite cup of coffee, then this is your choice.Check Price
6. Garden of Life (under $30)
Developed by a physician and expert in the human microbiome, this oil will help achieve optimal health, improving general well-being.Check Price
Powder is a dietary supplement with fiber. It does not contain soy, gluten, but only MCT oil and a certain amount of prebiotic fiber, which removes toxins from the body. A measuring spoon is usually included with the package of powder to measure the required dose. The powder is added to smoothies, drinks and dishes after they are prepared. No more than 9 g of powder is recommended per day for an adult for prophylactic purposes.
7. Zhou Nutrition (under $30)
In addition to MCT, the product includes prebiotic acacia fiber, which additionally cleanses the body of toxins.Check Price
8. North Coast (under $30)
It is a non-GMO vegan product with a relatively low calorie content.Check Price
9. Perfect Keto (under $40)
This MCT oil contains collagen that supports hair, skin, nails and joints.Check Price
How to choose MCT oil?
- MCT oil contains caprylic (C8), capric (C10), lauric (C12) acids. The package always indicates the ratio of acids in a particular product. Experts advise beginners to start with the use of MCT oil, where most of all it is lauric acid, these fats are not so quickly absorbed, but also help the metabolism, remove harmful cholesterol, have anti-inflammatory properties. After a while, when the body has adapted to the new product, you can already use MCT oil, which contains only caprylic and capric acids. These fats are absorbed very quickly.
- When buying a supplement, you need to carefully study the label. Usually, in addition to fats, additional components are indicated. By a good manufacturer, it can be fiber, but not preservatives, thickeners, glucose supplements. Only flavoring is possible, although more expensive products are usually odorless.