You are sporty and like to exercise but sometimes you need a little motivation? In this case, health and fitness trackers are excellent motivators. Modern trackers have the latest technology and accompany you with extensive functions throughout the day. Depending on the model and design, the smart devices count your steps, calories and monitor your sleep. They also measure your pulse and heart rate, making them reliable partners when it comes to fitness and health.
Below, we have collected 5 fitness trackers for men. Perhaps one of them will be a perfect fit.
Umidigi Urun sports watch is suitable for both men and women and uses a circular TFT-LC color display with a size of 1.1 inches and a resolution of 240x240 pixels. The watch's case is made of aluminum alloy, while the strap is made of silicone.
The watch has an integrated Bluetooth chip with a standby time of 40 days. During normal use, the watch's 280 milliamp-hour battery lasts just under 10 days, according to the manufacturer, and can be recharged in 2.5 hours.
Of course, it is equipped with an optical heart rate monitor, which continuously monitors the heart rate, even while sleeping or during training. A sleep monitor also accurately records sleep and its quality. Through a SpO2 monitor, the sports watch can also measure the oxygen content of the blood during sleep.
- Data tracking optimized for 17 sports;
- Optical heart rate monitor;
- SpO2 monitor for measuring the oxygen content in the blood;
- No additional wristband is included.
As Fitbit states, the Inspire 2 is a straightforward fitness tracker that continuously measures heart rate, and offers numerous other features. These include, for example, recording breathing rate, calculation of cardio fitness level, or all-day activity tracking with a recording of steps, distance, and calories burned. The device monitors sleep phases and provide tips for more restful sleep. It also notifies you of incoming calls, messages, or appointments on your smartphone when it is in close enough proximity.
The synchronization is possible with Apple iOS 12.2+ as well as Android 7.0+. A Bluetooth or Internet connection is required for this.
- Above-average battery life;
- Includes one year of Fitbit Premium;
- Different wristbands are available in the accessories store;
- Wristbands in S and L included.
- Not compatible with Windows;
- Not equipped with WLAN, NFC, and voice control.
Fitbit Charge 3 allows you to select more than 15 goal-based workout modes. It also measures your heart rate 24 hours a day, regardless of whether you are currently exercising, in rest mode, or sleeping. For this, you need to wear the Charge 3 all the time.
Even if you take a break from sports, the Charge 3 continuously displays your step count and calories burned. This way, you can conveniently read all your activities and see if you have fulfilled your daily goal.
The smart fitness tracker is also alert during your night's rest, allowing you to track the length and quality of your sleep. You won't need to recharge the Fitbit for around seven days, because that's how long the battery will power the device.
Additionally, the Fitbit will tell you when you received a call or a text message on your smartphone.
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android;
- Optional wristbands are available in the accessory shop;
- Water resistant up to 50 meters;
- Comes with S and L-size wristbands in the box.
- NFC only in the special editions.
Watch Fit from HUAWEI offers an extremely long battery life of up to 10 days. According to the manufacturer, the HUAWEI sports watch enables precise measurements for eleven sports modes - including running, swimming, and cycling. For all sports, 85 user-defined training modes are available to maximize their full potential. The watch measures heart rate, calories burned, and workout duration in real-time during exercise.
The Watch Fit has a built-in sensor for GPS. Heart rate sensors are said to make it possible to find the best rhythm when exercising. According to the manufacturer, when the watch is simply touched, the data on oxygen saturation in the blood is displayed almost instantly and, if necessary, appropriate health tips. With the help of fast charging technology, a charging time of 5 minutes is possible, and the device will last the whole day.
- With OLED display;
- Battery life of up to 10 days;
- With 85 training modes;
- Metal case.
- The altimeter is not available.
The Fitbit Versa 2 smartwatch is the last product from this manufacturer that we would like to recommend to you. When you connect the Versa to your smartphone's GPS, you'll instantly get information about the distance you've covered, as well as your pace while jogging or cycling. The smartwatch measures heart rate 24 hours a day, tracks your steps throughout the day and even reminds you every now and then if you're not drinking enough.
- Available in seven designs;
- Compatible with Windows, iOS, and Android;
- With WLAN, NFC, and voice control;
- Wristbands in S and L included;
- Compatible with wireless headphones.
- No obvious cons.
How to choose a tracker?
The market offers you a wide range of options to make an individual choice for your needs. There are several types of trackers you can choose from:
- Classic fitness trackers, also known as fitness bracelets. These devices track your activities in conjunction with smartphone apps. Core capabilities include step counting, sleep monitoring, sports recognition, and heart rate measurement. Some devices come with an integrated GPS module to record your route.
- Sports watches. These devices offer you a much more detailed evaluation of your current fitness status as well as specific sports profiles. Additional motion sensors transmit exact readings when you use the watches for cycling, swimming, jogging, or rowing. Some heart rate watches allow you to read the different altitude meters by means of an integrated altimeter. At the end of your workout, you get a detailed overview with an analysis of the training load as well as the recommended recovery time.
- Smartwatches. You usually control smartwatches via your smartphone. These models usually have several fitness functions. Some manufacturers also allow you to make phone calls or send text messages when you don't have your cell phone with you - using eSIM.
Whatever type of tracker you choose, just make sure that it has all functionality you need.