A laptop stand is a small and very simple design that prevents dust from getting inside the device and overheating it.
Today we've collected 5 of the best laptop stands to work at home or take with you.
TOP-5 laptop stands
MOFT - Compact Laptop Stand (under $20)
A stylish stand with a futuristic design in silver and gray plastic is an unusual design.
Once assembled, it is no thicker than a notebook, so it can be stored anywhere. The device works in two positions and allows you to lift the laptop at an angle of 15 or 25 degrees. It is compatible with any device up to 15.6 inches. To use the stand, you just glue it to the gadget, and if necessary, give it the desired position.
- Two angles of inclination;
- Minimal thickness;
- Ease of use.
- Not suitable for re-adhesion.
Satechi Aluminum Laptop Stand (under $30)
A rugged metal stand with a spectacular silver finish is made of aluminum, which reduces the overall weight of the construction and increases cooling power.
The material is extremely heat-dissipating, very light, and durable, so it can withstand even a powerful laptop up to 17 inches. The all-metal pad has a very simple design: it does not need to be set up or plugged in. The base has an adjustable foot that can be used to give your laptop the right position.
- Attractive appearance;
- Ease of installation;
- Low weight;
- Build quality;
- Adjustable tilt angle;
- Protective rubber inserts.
Besign LSX3 (under $30)
Unlike the two previous models on this list, the Besign LSX3 is designed for stationary use as you won't be able to fold it. In fact, this laptop stand comes disassembled, and you need to assemble it using the four supplied hex screws. Two screws attach the laptop tray to the adjustable central element of the stand, and the other two are used to attach the base.
The Besign LSX3 laptop stand is compatible with laptops with a diagonal of 10 to 15.6 inches and can hold devices weighing up to 8.8 pounds. Although the base is 8.8 inches long and 7.4 inches wide, the laptop tray is actually a little bigger: it's 11.4 inches long and 9.6 inches wide. The maximum height of the central element is 7.65 inches, and the minimum is 4.92 inches.
- Height adjustable;
- Open design for better cooling;
- Compatible with 10 to 15.6-inch laptops.
- Needs to be assembled.
Lifelong Upryze (under $70)
The Lifelong Upryze deserves a special place in this list due to the fact that it is one of the only laptop stands we have seen that can be used both sitting and standing. It's also portable and folds down to a compact size, so you can take it with you wherever you go.
On the Lifelong Upryze, it is convenient to type both at the lowest height and with the hinge fully extended. Adjusting the angle of the tray requires two hands, as it is a little stiff, but there is no movement during use. Thanks to its unique design, the Lifelong Sunrise is ideal for presentations, as you can stand in front of an audience and read from a laptop without looking down and then rising again.
- Folds up for portability;
- Excellent ergonomics;
- Extendable arm;
- Can be used while standing.
- Takes some effort to adjust.
Rain Design iLevel2 (under $55)
This laptop stand is a bit different from the other stands on this list due to the fact that it works best with an external keyboard and mouse. While you can type on a Macbook Air placed on this stand, the laptop tray flexes quite a lot when doing so which is why Rain Design recommends against doing so.
In addition to being compatible with all MacBooks, the iLevel2 features a similar aesthetic to Apple's other devices as well as an anodized aluminum finish. Its tray has a raindrop cutout that is more for branding than to help cool your device. Another unique thing about this laptop stand is how you adjust the angle of the tray.
- Minimalist design;
- Compatible with Apple devices;
- A slider allows for easy angle adjustment.
- Not portable;
- Works best with external keyboard and mouse.
You also may be interested in Best Screen Protectors for MacBook or Best External Hard Drives
How to choose a laptop stand
A laptop stand allows you to create a favorable environment for its cooling, and in order for it to cope with its functionality, you need to pay attention to a few basic characteristics of this device:
- The presence of a fan. Fanless stands are suitable for those who use the device sitting on a bed or couch, so there is no access to fresh air. If the laptop is always on the table, but it is still very hot, it is better to choose a model with a fan. It is important that the fan holes match those on the laptop.
- The power of the airflow. The optimal value - from 60 CFM, and if the gadget gets very hot - from 100 CFM.
- Noise level. A stand with a set of up to 30 dB does not hurt, louder models will cause discomfort.
- Adjusting the fan speed. This is necessary to reduce power consumption with a small load on the device and include cooling at full power, for example, when running games or watching movies.
- Size. The maximum allowable diagonal of the laptop, which is specified in the characteristics of the stand, must match the available gadget.
- Design type. There are small flat or angular models designed specifically for laptops, universal stands that are also suitable for TVs and monitors, and stable tables, optimal for those who like to work with a laptop on the couch.