A modern mixer can only do a little less than a food processor, and costs much less. We have reviewed the most popular models of 2022, compared their characteristics and features, analyzed user reviews to help you choose the best mixer for your home. As a result, we selected the best models in different categories and at different prices.
DASH Stand Mixer (under $50)
This model presents 7 different colors in the model range. It is equipped with a 3 QT stainless steel mixing bowl, 2 dough hooks, 2 mixer beaters and a recipe book. The mixer is easy to disassemble and clean. Due to its light weight (5 lbs) and compactness, it is convenient to use in the small kitchen and store in the kitchen cabinet. Its 250-watt motor has many speed modes, that will cope even with the thickest dough. Buyers note that even at high speed, the mixer does not vibrate much and make little noise.
Hamilton Beach Electric Stand Mixer (under $110)
The following dough mixer caught our attention due to its excellent combination of price and quality. The planetary mixer is used for kneading various types of dough with a liquid consistency, beating eggs, creams, mousses and preparing minced meat. The large capacity bowl (3 QT), dough hook, whisk & flat beater is made of stainless steel, protective removable splatter shield is made of safe plastic. Can be washed in the dishwasher.
Bosch MUM4405 Compact Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield (under $160)
The Bosch MUM 4405 mixer is distinguished by a high-quality European assembly, the device is powerful (400 watts), copes with both light eggs and tight unleavened dough for dumplings. Several options for rotation speeds allow you to choose from the modes exactly the one with which the result of work will be optimal. The bowl rotates. Do not use the mixer at low speeds too often, because this causes the bearings to wear out badly, and repairs may be required in a few years.
Kitchenaid Artisan Mini Plus 3.5-Qt. Tilt-Head Stand Mixer with Flex Edge Beater (under $380)
The convenient device is made of metal, has a 3.5 QT stainless steel bowl. This professional mixer has 10 speeds, so it is perfect for thick dough. Baking lovers will like it because it is easy to beat egg whites to stable peaks, make a biscuit, cream, mashed potatoes. Equipped with a bowl, flex edge beater, coated dough hook, 6-wire whip, the attachments are detachable with a button. Works quietly, stands steadily on the surface. Recommended for use by professionals and lovers of baking, quickly completes tasks.
Sisiru Stand Mixer (under $100)
This planetary dough mixer is designed for home use. Its large bowl (8.5 QT) is enough to satisfy the culinary appetites of the average family of 3-4 people. The unit can easily cope with the kneading of various types of dough of liquid and semi-liquid consistency. Three classic attachments are included with the device: a dough hook, a mixing paddle and a stainless steel whisk. Most buyers liked the high power of the motor (660 W), thanks to which even large volumes can be mixed without difficulty. Stainless steel bowls and a protective cover with a hole for adding products allows intensive use of the mixer in any conditions. The model is definitely the best in its price segment.
- Power. To knead a tight dough, it’s better to buy a mixer with high power.
- Material of the bowl. Glass is considered an environmentally friendly and durable material. However, glass is very fragile. If the bowl accidentally falls, it will break. Plastic is chosen in order to save budget and lightness. Also, the plastic does not break, which is convenient. But it has a number of disadvantages: it can change color over time, and also deform. The metal ones are the most popular. They are durable, do not break and look attractive.
- Volume of the bowl. It should be chosen taking into account how many people you will cook for.
- Manufacturer. Of course, it is better to purchase a mixer from a proven and well-known manufacturer. At the very least, they carefully monitor the quality of their products. And the money will be spent not in vain, and with a guarantee of quality.
- It is desirable that the cord be long, preferably from 2 meters