Regular grooming ensures the health, activity and longevity of your pet. Dog hygiene implies not only the cleanliness of the coat and skin, but also protection from parasites and dermatological diseases. Shampoos for humans are not suitable for animals due to the different PH values, so it is strictly forbidden to use them. The compositions of products for dogs take into account the features of the skin and hair, as well as the purpose of their use.
See also HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU WASH YOUR DOG?
1. BIO-GROOM Protein Lanolin Tearless Dog Shampoo (under $20)
This highly effective all-purpose shampoo perfectly cleanses dog hair of any length and structure. But the shampoo has proven itself especially well in the care of long-haired breeds. The unique formula prevents tangling, making the hair soft and easy to brush. It does not dry the skin, does not irritate the mucous membrane, provides delicate care and protection: protein strengthens the hair bulb, reduces hair loss; lanolin restores damaged hair, gives shine and elasticity; coconut oil promotes gentle cleansing, covers the hairs with a protective layer.Check Price
2. TropiClean Shampoo (under $10)
Formulated to reduce shedding. It gently cleanses the hair and skin. Thanks to natural salicylic acid, unpleasant symptoms are eliminated: itching, peeling and redness. The shampoo soothes and improves the dog's well-being. It neutralizes a specific smell. The carefully developed formula eliminates a negative reaction after application, even in hypersensitive pets. Coconut water is used as a soap base.Check Price
3. Espree Silky Show Shampoo (under $15)
Created on the basis of natural ingredients to restore dull and brittle dog hair. It consists of a coconut cleansing base, which effectively removes impurities of any origin. Aloe vera is used as a moisturizer, which has a beneficial effect on the skin and hair of the animal. The vitamin complex, silk proteins are responsible for intensive recovery. Thanks to its safe composition, the shampoo can be used to care for puppies. It does not wash off flea and tick repellents. The reviews say that when bathing the dog is not nervous, it tolerates washing well. The cleansing is gentle, but effective. After drying, the coat becomes silky and shiny.Check Price
4. #1 All Systems Super Cleaning and Conditioning Pet Shampoo (under $15)
The shampoo is intended for professional care and suitable for all breeds and age groups. It effectively cleanses without washing off the natural protective layer. As a result, the dull, hard hair becomes soft, shiny and manageable. It combs better, does not get tangled. The shampoo is safe for animals with sensitive skin and allergic diseases. The gel is easily frothed and is well washed off. Suitable for washing dogs with light hair. It gives the coat an incredible shine and a light fresh scent.Check Price
5. Burt's Bees for Dogs 2 in 1 Dog Shampoo & Conditioner (under $15)
The formula of the shampoo-conditioner is designed to cope with the cleansing of heavily soiled coat and neutralizing unpleasant odors. Buttermilk and linseed oil are included in the formula. These components moisturize, nourish, and maintain the water balance of the skin. The shampoo froths well and washes the coat of any length. After bathing, there are no extraneous bright aromas on the animal –pets do not smell anything, and the coat becomes more silky and soft.Check Price
1. It is best to choose shampoos for regular use based on natural ingredients (aloe vera, jojoba oil, linseed oil, etc.) that do not contain harsh chemical components and fragrances. Such shampoos will most often be called "hypoallergenic".
2. Give preference to hypoallergenic and non-irritating formulas. They are suitable for all dogs, including those with signs of allergies, itching and other skin pathologies. Perhaps your pet, instead of a regular shampoo, will need a special one with a therapeutic effect (for example, for itching caused by irritation or an allergic reaction) or an antiparasitic one.
3. For bathing a puppy, you should look at the age of the dog on the label. Usually shampoos are recommended for animals older than 4 months, but there are cosmetics allowed for puppies of 6-8 weeks.
You may be interested in DOG CLIPPERS or NAIL GRINDERS