One of the most popular types of ceiling decoration is painting. Smooth, bright coating makes the interior beautiful, and the room – more spacious and illuminated.
Unlike the walls and floor, the ceilings are not cluttered with anything, their entire plane is open and the slightest spot or unevenness of the surface is clearly visible, especially in the side light falling from a chandelier or other lighting device. With the help of paints, you can level out small defects of the base. In addition, the ceilings are always located in the zone of high temperature, humidity and are a place of concentration of dust and other contaminants carried up by convection currents. We present you the top 5 best paints for a perfectly coating.
1. Glidden Interior Paint + Primer (under $40)
An excellent choice for covering defects all over the ceiling, for covering stains after flooding or cracks in the ceiling. The paint provides a dense coverage even in one coat. It is splash-resistant and has a flawless white finish. It has a low odor, dries to the touch in about an hour and allows you to easily and quickly achieve excellent coverage. After complete drying, the coating can be washed with water.Check Price
2. KILZ Color-Change Stainblocking Interior Ceiling Paint (under $50)
It is perfect for lightening old and worn-out ceiling coverings. Visually expands the space of the room. The paint is innovative, when it is still wet, it turns pink and it turns white in less than an hour. For best results, the second coat should be applied after two hours. The paint can cover some minor stains well, and is suitable for porous surfaces. Quickly weathered odor, good hiding power.Check Price
3. Prestige Paints P500-P-7004-9VP Paint and Primer (under $40)
This semi-gloss ceiling paint is ideal for ceilings in your house, for easy soap and water clean-up. The paint is created with the use of innovative technologies, thanks to which it was possible to reduce light absorption, give a dazzling color and long-term brightness. Has no unpleasant odor, forms a decorative film that is permeable to air. Provides a smooth finish.Check Price
4. Rust-Oleum 253537 Metallic Accents Paint (under $30)
It is a stylish classic, providing an easy-to-use and cleaning material to achieve a gorgeous ceiling. Adds a true touch of elegance to your house, looks sublime as rich ceiling paint. The special water-based formula has a metallic look thanks to the use of mica beads, shimmers under light. The composition has a neutral odor. This ceiling paint dries to the touch in just 30 minutes, the painted surface can be cleaned with water and a soap.Check Price
5. The ONE Paint Paint and Primer (under $40)
It is characterized by a deep velvety shine, a snow-white shade. Thick opaque paint allows you to paint the ceiling without applying a primer. Odorless, evenly applied to smooth and rough surfaces. Easy to color in one pass. Suitable for a variety of living spaces. It is applied easily with a roller or brush, after drying it forms a homogeneous film with good vapor permeability.Check Price
What to pay attention to when choosing paint for painting the ceiling
So, when choosing a suitable paint for painting the ceiling, you need to pay special attention to some important factors:
1. A very important indicator when choosing a paint is the consumption per m2. This indicator will help you correctly calculate the required amount of material for painting the ceiling.
2. If there are visible defects on the ceiling covering, you should opt for compositions that have a masking effect.
3. It is important to take into account the volume of the container with paint. This will also help you calculate the amount of the paint required.
4. Technical and operational characteristics of the paint and the applied coat of paint.
5. The cost of ceiling paints. Good paints cannot be cheap.