Playing the guitar is a very common hobby. Many people do it professionally. They are not limited to just playing the guitar. Such musicians have to buy special devices to amplify the sound. In stores, there is a wide range of combo amplifiers, the best of which we will talk about below.
Top-5 Guitar Amps to Buy Right Now
Roland AC-33 (under $500)
Used with acoustic guitars. A unique example (the first in the world), powered by batteries. Has high power thanks to a pair of speakers, while having a small size. The unit has built-in channels to connect your guitar and microphone, there is a feedback suppressor and looper. Minus songs are connected externally.
- Small size, and as a result, portability;
- There are channels for input and output of sound (microphone and headphones);
- Not the highest price;
- Good power rating - 30 watt;
- There is a looper for 40 seconds;
- There is a possibility of working both stationary and on batteries.
- Low-quality bass;
- Not a lot of settings for effects;
- Overall, the sound is not very clear, especially the voice.
Marshall MG15GR (under $150)
Transistor version for guitar with 4 channels gives a 15-watt tone with reverb. There is a special effect setting for the sound. Like the previous item on the list, the unit generates a powerful sound in a small size. It is convenient to switch between the sounds and there is a choice of 5 special effects.
The main quality of this combo is its versatility, that is, it plays all styles of music equally well and cleanly. For lovers of night rehearsals or owners of apartments with poor soundproofing, there is a headphone jack. A good choice for young developing performers who need a loud amplifier. The brand is time-tested and reliable.
- Availability of five tubes;
- High-quality Clean;
- Compactness and portability;
- Wide sound range.
- High voltage (110 volts);
- This point follows from the first - you need to buy a transformer to lower the voltage.
You may need Best MultimetersCheck Price
Fender Champion 100 (under $400)
Multifunctional, suitable for all playing works, rather primitive in use amplifier for electric guitars, suitable for young music lovers and professional guitarists. The two-channel mode device features a pair of 12 sound emitters and produces a classy sound when set at any volume.
- Great sound;
- High-quality build.
- Low power;
- High cost.
Vox VX50 (under $250)
Pretty compact option for an acoustic musical instrument. It contains a modern vacuum tube Nutube. With a uniform and rich sound that covers all tones. There is also a microphone jack, which makes it much easier to sound at live music events.
- Incredible echo, especially of rock-related compositions;
- Good user reviews as well as recommendations from media personalities;
- Remarkable quality and great power.
Fender Twin Reverb (under $1800)
Suitable for all styles of guitar playing, simple and easy-to-use electric music device, quite suitable for beginners, professionals, and amateur musicians. The two-channel, dual-speaker device has a great sound, regardless of the volume set.
- A remarkable clean echo;
- Well-known among other brands;
- Equipped with special feet that give it the ability to be tilted.
- Suitable for concerts, less often for work within studios.
What is a sound amplifier?
The device increases the frequency of the sound coming out of an electric guitar. It also acts as a loudspeaker system. Modern technology allows such devices to be made in small sizes (you can wear them on your belt, attaching them to your belt). However, such devices sound different. Professional musicians have several such devices with high power. This is due to the fact that for certain songs you need optimal sound magnification.
Types of guitar amps:
- They come in a transistor, tube, and combined type. A first option is a budget option. The tube devices have a high price. The cheapest products professionals do not advise to buy. It is best to consider devices of the medium price segment. The playback quality of these devices will be at a high level.
- Initially, you need to decide for what function the unit is purchased. For guitar playing at home, a small unit will do. When playing at concert venues you will need a powerful device.
Such devices are especially popular among guitarists who play rock. Every performer dreams of going on stage, turn the amp up to full power, and hit the chords so that the audience takes their breath away. But electric guitars aren't just used in rock music. Nowadays, it's hard to see a musician performing with this musical instrument but without an amplifier.