A freelance online marketplace is a platform where customers and performers meet. The first one wants to solve his problem. The second one is ready to offer the corresponding service. This is a standard scheme that operates on all freelance platforms. These platforms are especially popular in digital businesses. They act as an intermediary, ensuring that remote experts are securely and conveniently recruited for different tasks.
Let’s review the three most popular freelance platforms for earning money on the Internet and outsourcing your digital tasks, which are the most attractive in terms of pricing and security.
This is an online platform and a freelance services store. The service in the store is called a "kwork". Examples of kworks: write a selling text, make a logo, process photos and other services with a fixed amount of work.
Main directions: design, marketing and advertising, texts and translations, IT, SEO and traffic, audio and video, business (training, consulting, legal services, etc.).
For freelancers: how to work on Kwork?
The service offers two options – on the project marketplace, or in the freelance services store.
As part of the first one, you choose interesting tasks from customers and offer them your help:
- Find a suitable task (one that you can definitely cope with and that suits you at a price).
- Send a response (why exactly you will cope with the task in the best way).
- Get the order to work.
- Deliver the work on time.
As soon as the customer checks the task, the payment will automatically go to your account.
The situation with the freelance services store is as follows:
- Create a kwork. In it, you describe what exactly is included in your services, how much it costs and how long it will take to be ready. Please attach examples if available!
- Receive the order. The customer will see your offer, analyze how it suits him and send an appropriate request.
You will only have to complete the task and send the result on time.
- Large number of customers and, as a result, orders;
- Simple and intuitive interface;
- Security – the system protects you from fraudsters, gives guarantees that the work will be paid;
- Dynamic pace of development – the platform regularly tests new options and tools.
- Efficiency of technical support. Some issues may take up to three days to resolve.
- Service commission taken from freelancers earnings (20%).
- Withdrawal of funds. This procedure is carried out every two weeks.Sign up to Kwork
It is an international online marketplace. At the moment, it is one of the most developed platforms for freelancers and their clients. Its history is more than 20 years old. Over the years, the company has helped many serious customers (for example, Instapage) find specialists to perform the necessary work. Millions of tasks are posted on Upwork every year, and freelancers earn money by providing companies with more than 5,000 skills in more than 70 professional categories. Upwork helps you quickly, simply and effectively promote your services, find work, and get a decent payment for completed orders.
- Lawyers and marketers;
- Designers who can receive comparable amounts, but it is harder for them to find permanent work and justify the quality of the work done.
- Interpreters, but the competition among performers is huge.
For freelancers: how to find orders on Upwork?
After registering and creating a profile, use the search page to find available projects. Enter the name of the work you are looking for in the search bar.
After selecting a project, carefully read its description. Then click the "Submit a proposal" button. Write a cover letter.
- Perfect cooperation. Upwork has created an extensive and unique data repository on its platform. Combined with machine learning capabilities, this allows Upwork to predict the availability, interest and relevance of the skills of specific freelancers for specific projects. After a freelancer finds a job, the platform offers collaboration and communication functions.
- Freedom of choice. The principle of working at Upwork is that you run your own business and choose clients and projects.
- A variety of jobs and decent pay. This platform really attracts a lot of customers who are ready to pay decent money for high-quality work.
- Professional growth. The more successful you are in projects, the more likely you are to be hired by clients who use Upwork.
- It is quite difficult to agree on a profile with the administration and start working.Sign up to Upwork
It is a freelance online marketplace with a fixed payment for simple tasks.
Fiverr is one of the most popular and fast-growing freelance platforms today, it cooperates with users from all over the world, but the site is available only in English. When you get acquainted with this platform, you immediately pay attention to a kind of work system that differs from other competitors. Here you will act as a seller who sells his services to customers. You create your own service, which is called a gig on the site, after which it appears among the services of other freelancers.
From these offers, customers on Fiverr choose a freelancer. A freelancer does not need to monitor orders around the clock, write a cover letter, etc. A well-completed profile, portfolio, education, etc. play a smaller role here than on the same Upwork. The main thing is a well-made gig with a description of your service. Therefore, the performer on this marketplace needs to learn how to sell himself well.
How to make money with Fiverr if you're a freelancer?
Immediately after registration, you will be asked to create your first order. Enter the name and type of the task. Set up everything you need to get started. The settings depend on the type of work you have chosen.
After the publication of the order is completed, you can only wait for the order to be accepted, you will be able to track the status of the order in your personal account.
Here you can sell almost any work related to working on a computer:
- Programming in any languages;
- Testing programs and applications;
- Copywriting, rewriting and SEO;
- Graphic design;
- Marketing services.
- The most important plus is a fairly large payment compared to other online platforms and a huge number of available orders. Here you can find a job for almost any specialist, and the rating is also earned easily.
- The main disadvantage is high competition. The service employs freelancers from all over the world.Sign up to Fiverr
Here are some secrets of successful freelancers
- Fill out the profile not for a tick, but to attract potential customers. The information that you provide about yourself is, in fact, the only criterion on the basis of which you can be selected as a performer. Do not forget about the principles of literacy. If you can't even tell about yourself without mistakes, who will entrust you with the order?
- According to statistics, accounts with real photos are more likely to receive orders than cartoon characters and empty accounts.
- The design of the page is standard for all sellers, but you can stand out among the competitors by adding a video greeting and a portfolio of your completed works to your profile. If you don't have one yet, make some small projects for your showcase.
- Do not post inaccurate or misleading information about yourself.
- Try to be sociable.
- Inform customers in advance about your abilities and deadlines for completing the work.
- Do not use other freelancers to fulfill an order that has been given to you.
- Always do the work efficiently and on time.